CLEAN + CLEAR MINERALS is the original mineral formula for D.I.Y. spa treatment and maintenance.
Once your spa is up and running and the water is clear, check the water levels with a test kit.
Maintain a pH level between 7.2 to 7.6.
Maintain an alkalinity reading of 80 to 150 ppm.
CHLORINE OR BROMINE
A reading of 1-3 ppm at all times is ideal.
SHOCKING SPA WATER
Shock your water periodically. The reason for this is to destroy any bacteria that may have grown tolerant to daily chlorine levels. Test 5-7 ppm of liquid chlorine.
CLEAN + CLEAR MINERALS READINGS
See CLEAN +CLEAR MINERAL USAGE. The recommended initial treatment (usually 2 mini scoops) and weekly maintenance (1 mini scoop) will be sufficient to guarantee there is at least 0.5ppm of copper present in the water. You may use a copper test kit once a month to check that ideal levels of 0.5ppm are maintained.
Don't add any stabilizer. Chlorine / bromine tabs include a stabilizer.
In order to keep the water free of contaminants, set the timer to auto circulate twice daily for ½ hour.
Add a few tennis balls to the tub to soak up surface oils, lotions, and soaps.
DRAIN & CLEAN
Every 3 to 4 months drain and clean the sides with white vinegar. Replace with fresh water and CLEAN + CLEAR MINERALS.
- Ideally, open the spa with FRESH WATER as normal. Ensure filter is functioning well.
- If not fresh water, shock the spa with 1 L to 4 L of liquid chlorine depending upon spa size.
- ADD 60 GRAMS (2 OZ) OF CLEAN + CLEAR MINERALS PER 4500 LITRES (1000 GALS).
- Each scoop (included) holds 15 grams (1/2 oz.).
- A typical spa (hot tub) holds about 500 gals., needs about 2 scoops to start.
- Sprinkle (broadcast) CLEAN + CLEAR MINERALS over the spa water surface avoiding decking, coping, and stairs.
- DO NOT add CLEAN + CLEAR MINERALS to a bucket and pour into the spa.
- DO NOT dump CLEAN + CLEAR MINERALS into the skimmer.
- Run the filter as needed and clean the filter frequently when needed.
- Spa water should be exchanged every 3 to 4 months with fresh water, and treated as an OPENING
- Add chlorine or bromine tabs or lithium hypochloride as needed
- Add 30 grams (1 oz) of CLEAN + CLEAR MINERALS per 4500 litres (1000 gals).
- A typical spa needs about 1 scoop (15 grams) per week.
NOTE: CLEAN + CLEAR MINERALS is NOT A SANITIZER. A bactericide such as chlorine or bromine must be added to eliminate bacteria.